Friday, October 31, 2008

Tonight is Halloween and the girls took us trick or treating.  Claire made a pretty good haul for someone so little.  We didn't even go to that many houses.  After we were done, we decided to use a coupon we had for a free appetizer or dessert at Friday's.  We settled on an appetizer.  The loaded Potato Skins seemed like the least disastrous thing that we could choose, so we went with that. 

Denise and I each had something new.  She had the Prime Rib Stroganoff and I had the Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Skewers with the new Jack BBQ sauce.  I had a taste of Denise's meal and it was incredible.  The meat was so tender but it still had a rich sauce with the noodles.  Grilled onions and mushrooms.  A great thing to order.  

The main thing this post is about though is the new BBQ sauce.  I could have put a straw in and drank a glassful.  If I could make a sauce like that I could retire. My life's work would be done.  It was sweet and tangy with a little bite to it.  It was not too sweet like some sweet sauces can be.  Whoever developed this sauce did an amazing job.  It is easy to see why it won the contest.  Needless to say I didn't have any left to bring home.   I finished off that sauce with the Texas toast that came with the shrimp.  If they ever decide to sell that sauce on its own, it is a sure fire money maker.  It easily beats Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ.  Now I just need to get out of this Biggest Loser thing so I can have a whole slab of ribs to eat that sauce with.

I can't wait for that day. 

No comments: