Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Summer is Coming

I am excited about the summer. I will be getting a new smoker that is going to allow me to do so much more than what I was previously able to do. I will be able to do several racks of ribs, a whole brisket (can you say "excitement"), and several pork butts. This means that for Emerson's first birthday we will have plenty of food prepared at one time instead of several different times on different grills. She is going to be a nice addition to my cast of fire breathing toys. This also means that I will have to practice to learn how to use this particular smoker since they are all different. That means plenty of good practice food leading up to her birthday party. I have to fine tune my dry rub and my own BBQ sauce. I am giddy with the possibilities.

Using this is the perfect way to spend a Saturday. Sitting in a lawn chair, watching the girls play in their playhouse, tending the fire and smelling the smoke, all in anticipation of eating some of the best food a person can have. Does it get any better than this?



With a little practice she will be turning out some delicious BBQ. The BBQ will hopefully look like this. Forget PETA. This is what animals were meant to do. Be slow smoked and covered in sauce. Add some of Denise's potato salad and some baked beans. My stomach is about to growl even as I type. And right now I haven't even gotten to the pulled pork (that is a post of its own). I was only thinking of the ribs.

Summer can't come soon enough.

No comments: